METCALFE COUNTY CLERK
- Seller is required to sign title as appears on the front of the title.
- In case of joint ownership: "or, and/or" requires one signature; "and"
requires both signatures.
- Both seller and buyer signatures must be notarized.
- A correct odometer reading is required for the vehicle.
- Current proof of insurance is required. Insurance must be in the driver's name and on
vehicle to be titled.
- Any and all delinquent taxes must be paid prior to titling
- License must be current to title.
- If a "title only" registration is done, the license plate must be turned back
in to the clerk's office.
- If registering or titling a vehicle from another state, a VTR must be signed and notarized.
- A sheriff's inspection is required prior to titling.
Additional information about vehicle registration:
All contents of this website Copyright © 2019 Metcalfe County Clerk's Office.
Site designed by Justin Hubbard 2018.